Performance Groups Home Page Westside Performance Groups
Dancer's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Primer for Dancers and Dance Parents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Westside Performance Groups Forum Index -> Competitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Lamberson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Music Primer for Dancers and Dance Parents Reply with quote

Music is an important part of a dancer's overall presentation, so it's well worth learning about this topic if you are a dancer or dance parent. And if you plan to perform a special routine (e.g., solo, duo or trio), there are some things that you really must know about dance competition music. For example:

• Who will choose the music for my dance?
  • How long should my song be?
  • How do I acquire the song I need?
  • Can I edit my own dance music?
  • What type of storage media should I use?
  • Are there special precautions I should take with my music?
I've edited many dance songs for Westside dancers and I've found that dancers and their parents don't always know what they should about dance competition music. And how would they know? Where would they go to find out about competitive dance music?

I looked around and couldn't find a good educational resource for this, so I wrote an article to help dancers and dance parents learn the ropes of dance competition music. Let me know if it helps you!

DanceMusicPrimer.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DanceMusicPrimer.pdf
 Filesize:  28.48 KB
 Downloaded:  3551 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Westside Performance Groups Forum Index -> Competitions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: